Sun Microsystems JSP (Java Server Page) technology, is an object-oriented programming language based on Java. JSP is used to develop interactive and dynamic web sites and create database driven web applications. JSP simplifies the development process, allowing programmers to input Java code directly into the HTML file or JSP file. JSP is a multi-platform, independent and portable language that complies with the Java feature of write once, run anywhere. JSP is efficient, reusable, robust and includes a clear division between presentation and implementation layers on the client and server sides, respectively. JSP provides programmers the capability to create code independently of the existing work of Java developers. Java Server Pages separates the content of the web page from the appearance of the web page.
Online training is provided on JSP along with relevant information for developers and programmers such as how to use JSP Tags, Directives, organization of JSP Architecture, Session Objects, Request Objects and working with JSP Sessions.
Current Java Technologies careers and employment exist for computer science professionals interested in Information Technologies, programming and development. A JSP developer will also want to be familiar with and knowledgeable about other software that complements JSP such as Flash, J2EE, Java Script, Oracle (8i/9i), JSP/Servlets, EJB, Perl, SOAP, Websphere, XML and LDAP.
- JSP Introduction In this JSP tutorial you will learn about JSP usage of JSP process of development independency of layers and simplification of process. JSP or Java Server Pages was developed by Sun Microsystems. JSP technology is object-oriented programming language and is based on Java language. In this section you will learn about JSP and
- Steps for Setting JSP Environment In this JSP tutorial you will learn the steps for setting JSP environment in Microsoft Windows setting the PATH and CLASSPATH steps for downloading and installing the Tomcat web server. The Java Server Page or JSP is very affordable as most of the software needed for it is easily available for free or at low
- JSP Tags In this JSP tutorial you will learn about JSP tags list of the tags used in Java Server Pages declaration tag general syntax of declaration tag expression tag and general syntax of expression tag. Tags are a vital concept in Java Server Pages JSP . Below is a list of tags used in JSP. This section discusses Declaration Tag and
- JSP Directives In this JSP tutorial you will learn about Directive tag with example page directive language extends import session and buffer. Directive tag The directive tag gives special information about the page to JSP Engine. This changes the way JSP Engine processes the page. Using directive tag user can import packages define error
- JSP Page Directive In this JSP tutorial you will learn about JSP page directive attributes of the page directive along with syntax examples and explanations. autoFlush autoFlush attribute is used to specify whether or not to automatically flush out the output buffer when it is full. Syntax of autoFlush attribute available for page
- JSP Directive Tag and Scriptlet tag In this JSP tutorial you will learn about two types of Directive tag namely Include and Tag Lib and also Scriptlet tag used in Java Server Pages along with syntax usage example and explanation for each of the tag. Include directive Include directive is a type of directive tag. If a programmer wants to include
- JSP Action tags In this section let us see about Action tag which is another type of tag forward action tag and useBean action tag used in Java Server pages with syntax usage example and explanation in detail. Action Tag Action tag is used to transfer the control between pages and is also used to enable the use of server side JavaBeans. Instead
- JSP Request Object In this JSP tutorial you will learn about JSP request object JSP request object methods getParameter String name getParameterNames getParameterValues String name getQueryString getRequestURI getServletPath setAttribute String Object removeAttribute String The request object in JSP is used to get the values
- JSP Implicit and Session Objects In this JPS tutorial you will learn how to program using JSP JSP expressions and Implicit Objects JSP Session Object methods of session object getAttribute String name getAttributeNames and isNew . JSP expressions If a programmer wants to insert data into an HTML page then this is achieved by making use
- JSP Response Object In this JSP tutorial you will learn about JSP Response object Methods of response Object setContentType addCookie Cookie cookie containsHeader String name setHeader String name String value sendRedirect String and sendError int status_code . The response object denotes the HTTP Response data. The result or the information
- JSP Architecture In this JSP tutorial you will learn about JSP Architecture page-centric approach dispatcher approach and steps in execution of a JSP file. JSP is a high-end technology that helps developers insert java code in HTML pages by making use of special JSP tags. The JSP are HTML pages but do not automatically have .html as file extension.
- Working with JSP Sessions In this JSP tutorial you will learn about JSP session object methods getCreationTime getLastAccessedTime getId invalidate getMaxInactiveInterval setMaxInactiveInterval removeAttribute String name and setAttribute String object . This section details the syntax usage example and explanation of more session
- JSP Out Object In this JSP tutorial you will learn about out object and its methods viz. clear clearBuffer flush isAutoFlush getBufferSize getRemaining newLine print and println. out object denotes the Output stream in the context of page. The class or the interface name of the object out is jsp.JspWriter. The out object is written as
- JSP Application Object In this JSP tutorial you will learn about application object the methods available in application object getAttribute String name getAttributeNames setAttribute String objName Object object removeAttribute String objName getMajorVersion getMinorVersion getServerInfo getInitParameter String name getInitParameterNames