CICS Overview and Functions
- Acts as interface between operating system and application programs.
- Does the function of data communication and therefore handle data. In other words CICS can support number of terminals or systems and acts as a data communication system between them.
- Take care of application program functions along with that take care of system functions also
- Also help in the task of monitoring
- Acts as a specialized operating system by providing environment for the execution of online application programs.
- CICS handles file management itself and so there is no need for statements like READ ,WRITE,OPEN