Table of ContentsOracle Apps 11i : Suppliers
Suppliers can be set up from many different applications, but the data is stored in only in one place. Applications sharing supplier information include Purchasing, Payables, Assets, and Property manager.
Set up suppliers in the Suppliers window to record information about companies and individuals from whom you purchase goods and services.
When you enter a supplier that does business from multiple locations, you enter supplier header only once, and supplier sites for each location.
After defining the suppliers, one can use them while import/enter invoices and create purchasing documents.
Figure -1 Supplier header information.
Defaults set at higher levels flow down to lower levels where you can override them.
PO matched invoices will receive defaults from the PO specified during the match.
For every supplier, one can create an unlimited number of supplier sites with different addresses and contacts. One can buy from several different sites while sending the payments to only one site. Define how supplier sites can be used with the following options:
1. Pay – one can import/enter invoices for and make payments to the site.
Figure -2 Payment options defined for the suppliers.
Figure -3 Payment site defined for a supplier.
2. Primary Pay – default pay site for invoice entry and import.
3. Purchasing – one can create POs for the site.
4. RFQ only – one can create RFQs in purchasing for the site. You can’t create POs for a RFQ only site.
5. Procurement card – one can purchase goods or services using a procurement card.
Figure -4 Various sites which one can define for a supplier.
Recall the default value hierarchy flow.
Entries made at the supplier level will default to the supplier site level.
Default information can be either accepted or overwritten with site-specific values.
Information on the classification and receiving tabs is entered only at the supplier level. Contacts, however, are entered only at the site level.
Assuming the multi-org feature has been selected, the Accounting tab is also entered only at the site level. There is additional information entered on the General, EDI, Tax reporting a Purchasing tabs available at the site level v/s at the supplier level.
Before setting up a new supplier, verify it does not already exist. Perform the following steps to identify the potential duplicate suppliers:
1. Query on the supplier name.
2. Submit and review the Suppliers report.
3. Submit and review the supplier audit report to obtain a listing of suppliers whose names are same up to a specified number of characters.
4. Submit the 1099 Suppliers Exception Report to obtain a listing of suppliers with the same tax payer ID.
Oracle Apps 11i