The computer sciences professionals are required to be familiar with and stay abreast of current technology trends. Contemporary technology trends are always changing and new developments are constantly improving in data management, data quality, web service applications and software. One of the premier technology trends of 2007 is ensuring high-quality database management. Information on the latest technology trends can be found in this section as a series of tutorials and online training articles geared toward the Information Technology professional.
Spotting new technologies and obtaining immediate experience and knowledge of newly developed technologies can mean the difference between success and failure of a career in computer sciences. When a developer or programmer uses a new technology and becomes familiar with the most recent technology trends, he will have advantage over his colleagues. Technological innovation is at the forefront of career development in computer sciences.
Current technology trends include Software as a Service (SAAS), a mode of software delivery that provides maintenance, daily operation and software support through Web-based servers and browsers. Other hot trends in technology include Java technology trends, service oriented architecture advancements and the promise and foundation within Microsoft Window’s .NET framework for web services.
- Virtualization Virtual Servers and Virtual Storage Virtualization is one of the major software trends of 2007. This type of software allows multiple OSs operating systems to run side by side from a single server. Servers are computer systems that provide services to other systems or clients. All major vendors are emphasizing virtualization including
- Trends in Data Quality and Management One of the biggest technological trends for 2007 is database management specifically insuring data quality. Databases are a collection of pieces of information organized according to a schema. Schemas describe the information pieces in the database and the relationship between them. Database models include relational
- Software as a Service SAAS Software as a service SAAS is at the forefront of technological trends in 2007. It refers to a mode of software delivery where maintenance daily operation and software support is provided by the software company through Internet delivery of applications. Introduction SAAS delivery is defined by some fundamental characteristics.
- Technology Trends Involving Java Java is an object-oriented programming language OOP for Web browsers. It is organized around data rather than actions and supports polymorphism which allows the same code to be written generically so it can function with different datatypes inheritance which allows one class to behave like another class or category
- Advancements in Web Service Applications Web services also known as application services describe the standardized integration of Web-based applications enabling communication between businesses and their clients. This communication is encoded and disseminated using certain core specifications. Introduction XMLs Extensible Markup Languages format
- The Promise and Foundation of .NET .NET provides a framework for web services used by Microsoft’ s Windows which is the standard operating system on the majority of personal and business computers. These web services include pre-existing IT and specifically web services protocols and technologies like XML Extensible Markup Language SOAP
- Moving towards Service Oriented Architecture From 2006 to 2007 the major trend in information technology IT has been the shift from building infrastructure to service-based or Service-Oriented Architecture SOA . These trends emerge from a growing dissatisfaction with dated systems such as CRM Customer Relationship Management software ERP Enterprise
- Advancements in Service Oriented Architecture Service-oriented architecture SOA is an organized collection of services in communication with each other to perform specific functions. In the field of information technology IT a service is a discrete self-contained bundle of information that is connected to other services. Introduction Web