PHP Tutorial – Introduction
In this tutorial you will learn about PHP – Introduction to PHP, What you should already know? What’s PHP? What’s the difference between PHP and HTML? When to use PHP? What makes PHP a choice among the other scripting languages?
What you should already know?
- You have to have good knowledge of the following before you can proceed:
- PHP stands for Hypertext Preprocessor.
- PHP scripts run inside Apache server or Microsoft IIS.
- PHP and Apache server are free.
- PHP code is very easy.
- PHP is the most used server side scripting language.
- PHP files contain PHP scripts and HTML.
- PHP files have the extension “php”, “php3”, “php4”, or “phtml”.
What’s the difference between PHP and HTML?
- HTML files are requested by browser, and returned by server.
- PHP files are requested by browser, and executed by the server to output a plain HTML that is returned to the browser.
When to use PHP?
- Creating Web pages that contain dynamic contents.
- esponding to HTML forms.
- Accessing databases.
- Securing data.
What makes PHP a choice among the other scripting languages?
- PHP is easy to learn.
- PHP is free.
- PHP can run on Windows and Unix servers.
- PHP is very fast.