Very few people would probably want to hang around a negative thinker. Negativity is just too contagious and once it starts to creep in to your system, you might end up becoming a changed person, the kind of change you have always dreaded. People tend to create negative thinking patterns for thoughts that are intrusive and disturbing yet being affirmed in one’s wholeness. Dwelling in negativity can cause utter destruction in your life in the various aspects of it. Apart from personal outlook or your view of the world and situations, your interpersonal relationships with the people you deal with every day are also greatly affected.
Having good interpersonal skill guarantees the person of an overwhelming level of confidence when it comes to relating or connecting to other people. You must know how to build a good foundation in your relationships with people. One way to develop good connections is to disregard negative notions about each other. Yet, others cannot help but allow themselves to be trapped in negative thinking on the way they deal with people and vice-versa.
Below are the manifestations of negative thinkers when it comes to their personal and interpersonal relationships. These are also the outcomes of a negative mental attitude toward building good relationships.
Lack of Love or Rejection in Romance
Negative thinkers are not likely to be liked and loved by the people who are part of their lives as much as the positive thinkers do. They experience less love and affection from the people around them because of their thinking habits. This goes true to real friendships and especially in romantic relationships. Here are the negative thoughts of those who receive less love and also to those experience rejection in romance.
- I will never learn how to love someone nor be loved by anyone.
- I feel like I do not belong to this group.
- No one cares to understand what I feel.
- I am not an interesting person.
- I am sure that I will be rejected because I am just a boring type.
- I will never learn how to get over you.
- Love is never on my side.
- How could anyone possibly ever love me?
- I see myself living a lonely life without a partner.
- I am living a solitary life.
- Without anyone to share your love with, life is just meaningless.
Social Hostility or Rejection
You may be living in a society that you think is full of resentments and lack of sympathy. Being a negative thinker, you will definitely find it hard to blend in and get along. Instead, you keep on feeding your mind with negative statements about your encounter with the people around you.
- I have a strong feeling that people just do not like me the way I am.
- I completely blame myself for not being liked by them.
- People just seem to hate me.
- There is always something wrong with me.
- People think that I am no good.
- I must have done something terrible for people to become angry at me.
Marriage relationships are just as critical as other types of relationships when it comes to building a strong foundation. In the life of a married couple, negativities in the couple’s patterns of thinking are very much possible due to arguments and misunderstandings. Here are some negative thoughts that cause turmoil in marriage relationships:
- I regretted the day I married my spouse.
- I am going to get a divorce to end all this.
- This marriage is going nowhere!
- Love or romance is now gone in our relationship.
- We loathe each other this time.
- This marriage is never going to work because of our differences.
- I chose to marry the wrong person.
- I need to get out from this boring and insignificant marriage life.
If you wish to have long-lasting relationships with the important people in your life or those you deal with almost every day, set aside the habit of negative thinking. Negativities only cloud the mind with nothing but unpleasant words and wrong decisions. You would rather keep healthy relationships by choosing to be positive.