When customers keep coming back to make purchases or if they continue making transactions, this means that they like the product, service, or the way they are being treated. Continued business transactions means impressed and satisfied customers. However, there is a difference if they are impressed just because of the quality of the product but not the quality of customer service. In fact, a good product is a lot more saleable if these go with efficient customer service. Any customer would want to be overwhelmed with good treatment from business establishments and companies.
Once a customer starts to like the business, two important elements should be developed: trust and credibility. A customer may like the business and the products or services being offered, but it does not necessarily mean the person trusts the business. A business organization must still prove its worth as the chosen one among the rest of the competitors. That is why trust and credibility go together. Trust can be gained from customers if the company builds a good reputation.
Building a Good and Reputable Image
A company acquires reliability and trustworthiness if it is able to create a reputable image to the society and its customers. That is why there are companies, which are known for having good integrity or credibility. It is more like leaving a mark to the minds of the people about what the company is known for. There are establishments, which are popular for its quality of products. Some companies are known for a bad reputation due to factors like poor product quality, overpricing, bad customer service, and many more. But the best kind of reputation that a company can ever have is outstanding customer service.
How can a business organization project a great image to the buying public? Here are some ways:
- Always providing the customers with correct and updated information
- Keeping them updated about the latest company activities or any new products and services launched
- Getting good reviews from the critics either on the internet, print media, radio or television
- Getting good testimonies from popular figures who have also taken advantage of the product or service
- Being consistent in delivering quality customer service to every customer
- Gaining awards and recognitions in various programs or events
- Employing well-trained and competent representatives
Gaining Customer Trust
A reputable business organization can easily gain the trust of its customers. People establish trust to a company that has proven its worth in the business and to the customers. Customers feel confident and secured knowing that the company they choose to do business with has established a good foundation in the industry. They know that they will not be lied to when it comes to pricing relevant to the quality. They have strong conviction that all information provided to them is true and correct. They believe that they have made the right decision to do business with that company.
Business organization will know that they have built their trust when customers continue to do business with them for a long time and keep coming back. Such customers do not consider switching to other competitors.
Impact of Losing Trust
Now, what can possibly happen if a company loses a customer’s trust and confidence towards the business? It obviously creates a negative impact on the image of the business. What used to be a highly regarded background will become a stained reputation. Customers show loss of trust through these manifestations:
- They cancel their services or stop making purchases
- They tell people about their bad and unhappy experiences
- They may write bad reviews about the business through the various forms of media
- They switch to a close competitor
- They verbally express their loss of trust and confidence to the company representatives themselves
- They start to question every information and detail provided to them
No company or business organization would probably want to be regarded with an undesirable reputation. It is obviously not good for the business especially to its growth. So, in order for customers to establish their trust towards the business, a credible and worthy name must be established first.